SCROLL UP OR DOWN FOR SELECTION

********** scroll up or down **********

The windmills of our past often energize our todays with a renewed fervor found in the recesses of happier moments and memories

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

REMINDERS, REMAINDERS, RESUMPTIONS, RECOLLECTIONS ****BC01****

Since the time to close all of this out it occurs to me that certain contributions from some friends might do well to be placed here and so with lots of thanks to Bill, Alice, I will post their thoughts and words as conveyed to me.

Bill Caldwell has been so very supportive of my quest to put words of the past. He has kindly helped me contact lost (misplaced personages to whom I owe so much) friends and has reminded me of events I either saw or heard of. So here they are!

Date on this June 4 2007

Hi Dave.
Just a note to point out some omissions, and corrections in your school blog, as I remember.
Part 1 paragraph 5, We came here in 1937. (I was not sure when the Caldwells came to Socorro)
George Cook was driving a new 1937 Chev Coupe.
The Cooks had a little black and white spotted terrier of some sort named Pepper. George would come out his front gate around 6:30 to get his newspaper out of his mail box, and Pepper would invariably escape between George's legs, and run off down the street, with George yelling, and cursing him, and running after him with only his robe on, needless to say the whole neighborhood was awake and either laughing, or complaining by this time, and then a short time later after retrieving Pepper, and having breakfast, and reading his paper it was time for work, and Mr. Cook would start his car, and let it warm up at what seemed to be nearly full throttle, we always wondered how the engine stayed together with that treatment, but it did.

The Mundy family, Mr. W. E. Mundy, and daughter Milecha, (not Marcella), and younger sister Barbra, and Mrs Mundy lived next door to the north.
I remember vividly when Milecha got sick with German Measles, and died with a very high fever, this was a very sad time for the Mundys, and also for Me and my sister Burdie, as we were playmates , and knew them quite well.
Mr. Mundy had the Drug Store on the plaza, at that time, and sold medical supplies, also had an ice cream fountain. He later sold out to Percy Hicks, Hicks kept the same location.

The Caldwells came to Socorro from a small ranch near Golden , NM, and Madrid, NM,
and re-entered the car Biz in Socorro, as I previously stated.
The Dancing lessons began in Socorro about 1938 or 39. The teacher lived in Albuquerque and drove down about twice a month for classes. The name was Patsy Quinn School of dance. She was accompanied by her mother who played the piano for the routines. I can still close mine eyes, and hear the old lady playing humoresque, for the tap dance practice routine. I remember taking a lot of heat from some of the older boys about the dancing lesson being sissy stuff, etc. but I had no choice but to continue with the lessons and in later years I realized what a gift this had been.
Names of some of the student as I remember them as follows,
Myself, Bill Caldwell
Sister, Burdette Caldwell
Patsy Pickens
Patty Harley
Morris Eiland
Edward Eiland
Marge Frazer
Gene Frazer
Delmar White
Margie White
Bainard Gray B Butter
Marilyn Stapelton
I'm sure there must have been other, but no more come to min now. Cheers Bill

Since that letter BILL also found, Jack Weir, Carolyn Walter Bullock, Cecilia Rowe Spivey, and the BIG finder of all sorts, folks and things of import, ALICE Harriet Duquet.

From ALICE has come both gladness in finding some missing persons and sadness in learning of the passing of so many. Grace Harriet Bruton, and brother Michael Harriet. Vonna Belle Hendren,
Buddy Green,
Phylis Long,
Filimon Montoya,
Frank Naranjo.
Bobby Baca

ALICE has for reasons only she would know has given me a boost. Times when I wanted to chuck the project and go ......So again with great many thanks I again say thanks, danke, dave.

Betty Jane (Clark) Poteet, I send you my Most Beautiful Mental Rose in memory of Mary Lou.

To others that I have not written directly to and those in abstentia I wish you all well.
Vesta Jean Claiborne (You never write )

Arnold Hudgeons (keeping the store open in Gallup ZIMMERMAN'S)

Cecilia Flynn (had we saved our comic books where would you spend your $$$$$$$)

Cecilia Rowe Spivey (hope you get well soon and have a brownie for me)

Enid Douglas Westbrook (Bless you always me tejano)

Carolyn (Cal) Walters Bullock ( What could I say If I could say?)

John (Jack) Weir (Oh for the youth of it all)

My other gone but not forgotten pals and buddies.
Leo Funk,
Neil Gray,
Lincoln Caldwell,
Wayne Black,
Grant Augustine,CAPTAIN UNITED STATES NAVY
Miquette Padilla

Salute mi amigos.

No comments:

Custom-embroidered logo shirts and apparel by Queensboro